How To Report A Lyft Driver?
The majority of Americans have ridesharing apps like Uber and Lyft on their phone. In fact, around 29 percent of city dwellers use these apps frequently. The majority of Lyft rides taken by people occur without incident. Yet, you may run into a situation where a driver makes you feel unsafe. If you feel unsafe for any reason, then you need to know what you can do about a dangerous driver. You can let the rideshare company know about your experience.
Our San Jose Lyft accident lawyer breaks this down below:
1. Submit a Basic Request Form Through the App or Online
Do you want to let the company know about your Lyft driver? If so, then you can file a form through the Lyft app, or through the Lyft website. Either way you choose to file the report should be quick and easy.
How To Report A Lyft Driver On the Lyft App
Filing a Lyft driver through the Lyft app is probably the quickest and easiest way to do it.
To file a report on the Lyft app regarding your Lyft driver, complete the following steps:
- Open your Lyft app.
- Navigate to your ride history option from the menu.
- Choose the ride you wish to report.
- Tap on the "get help" option.
- Pick the reporting option that best suits your issue.
- Submit your form.
How To Report A Lyft Driver On the Lyft Website
You can also file a form through the Lyft website. It's similar to reporting your Lyft driver through the Lyft app.
To file a report on the Lyft website regarding your Lyft driver, complete the following steps:
- Visit the Lyft website.
- Navigate to the basic request form. You will be able to submit your request there.
- Click on login at the top right corner, and fill out your information.
- After that, select "I'm a rider" underneath where it will say "Tell us about yourself so we can help."
- After that, select "Something happened during my ride."
- After that, select the option that is most suitable for your incident.
- If you still need help, select the "I still need help" option on purple.
After receiving your request, a representative from Lyft will contact you directly.
2. Call 911
The majority of Lyft drivers have no intention of causing you any harm. Yet, serious incidents can still occur. Do you need immediate access to emergency help? If so, then tap the 911 button on the Lyft app. Doing so will display your current location and vehicle information. You can quickly share this information when speaking with an emergency dispatcher.
3. Submit a Form as a Third-Party
Were you watching as a Lyft driver engaged in reckless behavior? If so, then you can let the company know as a third party. Navigate to the Lyft Help Center page. Then, click on the “Contact Support” button at the bottom of the page. From there, you should see a form where you can submit it.
As a third-party witness, it is important to include as much information as you can when contacting the company. The information you should try to provide includes:
- Make, model, and color of the vehicle
- License plate number
- Date and time of the incident
- Your contact information
Contact Our San Jose Lyft Accident Lawyer After an Accident
Additionally, you should know who to contact after a rideshare accident. Attorney Braid Pezzaglia has extensive experience litigating a variety of car accident claims. He understands that Uber and Lyft accidents carry their own unique challenges. As such, he understands when to compromise and when to remain aggressive and hold his ground.
Do you need a Lyft accident lawyer? If so, then contact the Law Offices of Braid Pezzaglia today for a free consultation. Give us a call at (408) 650-8955, or send us a message using our online contact form.