San Jose Bus Accident Lawyer
Helping You Seek Compensation for Your Injuries
Unfortunately, over 300 people die every year in bus accidents, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Sometimes, these accidents happen due to the negligence of another party. A bus operator failing to control their vehicle, which is a common contributing factor in bus accidents, can have many different root causes. For example, lack of training, fatigued driving, or poor driver habits can cause a serious accident. Additionally, it can be easy to unknowingly miss out on details that can help your bus accident injury claim.
At the Law Offices of Braid Pezzaglia, we know what it takes to protect bus accident victims. For decades, our San Jose bus accident attorney has worked tirelessly with clients to help them file a strong claim. We can use a team of professionals to investigate every detail of your accident. Braid Pezzaglia has represented people across industries in a variety of claims.
If you have had a bus accident on I-880, I-280, I-101, or anywhere in between, then call our firm at (408) 650-8955 today.
What Are Common Bus Accident Injuries?
Unfortunately, you are in the minority when you are hit in or by a bus. For instance, the odds are high that the bus that hits you is larger than your automobile. Alternatively, if you are a passenger, then the odds are that you do not have airbags or seatbelts. For this reason, California bus accident injuries can be severe and involve hospitalization, rehabilitation, and/or surgery. Furthermore, you can easily find it difficult to return to work and lose out on wages and benefits. Overall, the emotional and economic consequences can be life-altering.
Some common injuries caused by bus accidents include:
- Whiplash: The sudden stopping of a bus can result in a neck injury for passengers. Commonly known as whiplash, these neck injuries can be serious. Side effects involve shoulder pain, muscle spasms, headaches, and loss of range of motion. Unfortunately, the longer you wait to treat whiplash, the worse the symptoms can become.
- Spinal Cord Injury: Any impact to your head or back could result in a spinal cord injury. For instance, you can have an injured spine if you are thrown around inside a bus. Spinal cord injury symptoms can take weeks or months to manifest.
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI): Some buses do not have airbags or seat belts. Thus, it is significantly easier to have a serious head injury. Side effects of TBI include nausea, tingling sensations, blurred vision, and mood swings. If you experienced a sudden blunt impact due to a bus, contact our firm.
When Do I Need a Bus Accident Attorney?
A lawyer can help you determine what parties may have contributed to your injuries. For example, if the bus driver partly caused an accident, then their company can also be liable. We can investigate the details of your accident to determine potentially liable parties.
Some issues we may investigate can involve:
- Speed: The most common form of bus driver negligence is speeding. However, even driving the posted speed limit can be negligent during conditions like rain, snow, and/or sleet.
- Cargo: Loading and unloading rigs is an everyday part of commercial vehicle traffic. If cargo is insecure, then that party can be held liable.
- Negligence: Bus drivers and operators are expected to act responsibly. This includes slowing down if there is a reasonable likelihood of a collision. Other forms of negligence can involve failing to look for vehicles, aggressive driving, and swerving between lanes.
Bus Accident Injury? Contact Our San Jose Law Firm Today
Have concerns that an accident has not been properly reported? Believe that a driver or operator acted with negligence? Worried about resolving compounding medical bills or losing wages from time off work? Are insurance companies or other entities offering you an unfair settlement? Unfortunately, a California bus accident claim can be complicated. Our bus accident lawyer in San Jose can guide you through the process. We can scrutinize evidence, call on witnesses, and can use every legal resource available to strengthen your claim.
Our team has been strengthening California bus accident claims for decades. Braid Pezzaglia’s success as a San Jose personal injury attorney stems from our experience and compassion. For decades, our firm has represented people across industries in a wide variety of claims. If you have questions about your rights, contact us today.
Experienced & Dedicated Counsel
Attorney Braid Pezzaglia has over 20 years of dedicated legal experience and provides legal counsel and guidance in five languages, including Japanese, Spanish, Chinese, and Tagalog. We work to customize your experience for your needs.
Personalized Strategies & Results
Unlike other firms, our firm cares about instilling confidence in both you and your case. Our attorneys work one-on-one with you to ensure that your unique needs and goals are not only understood but obtained.
Accountable & Transparent
At the Law Offices of Braid Pezzaglia, we pride ourselves on always being available to our clients and we make it our main priority to keep you informed on how our team is working to obtain the best possible result on your behalf