Swimming Pool Accident Attorney in San Jose
Millions in Compensation Recovered for Victims
Swimming pools are fun for all, but they pose significant safety risks to even experienced swimmers. If you or your loved one suffered preventable harm at a public or private swimming pool, the Law Offices of Braid Pezzaglia can help you evaluate your legal options.
With over 20 years in practice, Attorney Braid Pezzaglia has built a reputation as an experienced and passionate advocate. Braid and our firm focus exclusively on representing victims in personal injury and wrongful death actions, including claims arising from negligence, unsafe property conditions, product defects, and more. We care about what we do and we fight for the maximum compensation possible.
Reasons to Choose the Law Offices of Braid Pezzaglia
- 20+ years of experience in personal injury law.
- Millions in verdicts and settlements recovered for victims.
- Personalized legal solutions and step-by-step guidance.
- NO fees unless a recovery is made.
Our San Jose swimming pool accident lawyer has the resources to take on even the most powerful adversaries and insurance companies. Contact us today to request your free case review.
Who’s Responsible for a Swimming Pool Injury?
The question of who may be liable for swimming pool accidents depends on how the injury occurred. Usually, pool accidents happen because of someone’s negligence. To establish negligence, you must be able to prove that an owner or occupier breached their duty to keep the premises reasonably safe and that an injury resulted that would not have occurred but for the breach.
Under premises liability law, parties who may be liable for swimming pool injuries include:
- The owner of a residential swimming pool.
- The owners or owner of property with a pool used for the benefit of tenants, guests, or members. This may include apartments / condos, hotels, campgrounds, or health clubs.
- Municipalities or public entities that operate public swimming facilities or school swimming pools / aquatic centers.
- Property lessors or operators may be held accountable if they fail to take reasonable measures to protect pool guests.
How do Swimming Pool Accidents Occur?
Property owners have a legal duty to take reasonable precautions to ensure their pool is reasonably safe for users or anyone near the pool. What’s “reasonable” depends on the circumstances and is an important question to address when pursuing a lawsuit. As a firm that fights for personal injury plaintiffs, for example, we may bring claims that allege:
- Lack of Pool Gates and Proper Fencing. Unfenced ground pools are 60 percent more likely to have a swimming pool injury occur than pools with proper fencing. The property owner may be held accountable if it can be shown that a reasonable pool owner, under like conditions, would have had safety features such as fencing and locking gates installed.
- Lack Warning Signs. Pool owners can be held liable for pool accident injuries where they fail to post adequate warning signs. An owner must warn swimmers of possible dangers; this might include signs indicating the water’s depth or a “no lifeguard on duty” sign.
- Negligent Supervision. A pool open to the public has a greater duty to protect swimmers. Failures to provide a lifeguard or ensure adequate supervision could result in liability.
- Regular Pool Maintenance. Failure to properly maintain a pool or keep safety equipment in good condition may result in in injury. When this happens, then you may be able to file a claim against the owner. For instance, a partially filled pool may cause injuries if someone hits their head on the bottom. Alternatively, the person responsible for maintaining the pool could be held accountable for a drowning or injury resulting from slipping on debris.
We’ve Won Millions for Our Clients
The Law Offices of Braid Pezzaglia has recovered millions in damages for plaintiffs in personal injury and wrongful death claims. Some examples of our results:
- $2 million recovery over a horse/equine accident resulting in paralysis.
- $1 million for a victim who suffered spinal injuries in a ladder fall.
- $1 million product liability recovery over a fireworks accident and multiple amputations.
- $750,000 for student injured while on a school-sponsored trip.
Pool Accident? Call Our Swimming Pool Accident Attorney
Braid Pezzaglia and our team have cultivated a positive reputation among colleagues, judges, opposing, counsel, and insurance carriers. We’re known as tenacious advocates and we have the track record of proven verdicts and settlements to back it up. If you’re in search of a caring and capable team to guide you through your legal journey, look no further than the Law Offices of Braid Pezzaglia.
Even if you are unsure if anyone may be held liable for your injuries, contact our office to discuss your circumstances. There’s no charge for a consultation and no fee unless we win. Contact us online or call our office at (408) 650-8955.
Experienced & Dedicated Counsel
Attorney Braid Pezzaglia has over 20 years of dedicated legal experience and provides legal counsel and guidance in five languages, including Japanese, Spanish, Chinese, and Tagalog. We work to customize your experience for your needs.
Personalized Strategies & Results
Unlike other firms, our firm cares about instilling confidence in both you and your case. Our attorneys work one-on-one with you to ensure that your unique needs and goals are not only understood but obtained.
Accountable & Transparent
At the Law Offices of Braid Pezzaglia, we pride ourselves on always being available to our clients and we make it our main priority to keep you informed on how our team is working to obtain the best possible result on your behalf