Injured by Light Rail or Train?
San Jose Train Accident Attorneys Can Strengthen Claims
Train and rail carrier accidents are more common than some people think. In fact, light rail accidents happen once every two hours, according to the Federal Transit Administration. Often times, these accidents result in serious personal injuries to passengers and other victims. Unfortunately, things can get worse. California’s own Santa Clara Valley light rail system, the VTA, is no stranger to fatal rail accidents. However, these accidents are rarely unpreventable. Like other forms of transportation, negligence can be a part of a train accident. Our San Jose train accident attorneys can strengthen claims against rail carriers by investigating the details of your accident.
At the Law Offices of Braid Pezzaglia, we have over 20 years of experience representing people in claims against train companies. Additionally, we have experience with the VTA – there is a stop just across the street from our building. We know how complicated these claims can be, especially if they involve multiple parties. Do not be intimidated by the resources available to transit entities. Our San Jose rail accident attorney can strengthen your claim by investigating issues surrounding your accident. With a team of experts, we can scrutinize evidence against you, look for supporting evidence and bring witnesses if necessary.
What Can Cause a Train Accident?
Owners and operators of rails and trains are expected to have standards that prevent derailments. Unfortunately, train accidents can occur for a variety of reasons. In addition, multiple parties may argue about who is at fault. For this reason, it can be helpful to know some common errors that can cause a train accident. Our San Jose train accident attorneys can investigate to see if any of the following contributed to your injury:
- Fatigue: Fatigue driving can sometimes be more dangerous than drunk driving. A fatigued metro light rail operator can easily cause a serious accident.
- Signage: Train or rail tracks are meant to be clearly Signs are used to prepare for sharp turns, poor lighting or other conditions. Unfortunately, sometimes signage is not accurate. As a result, a serious accident can occur.
- Distraction: It should be no surprise that distracted driving contributes to accidents. After all, distracted driving is common with car accidents and other common unfortunate situations. However, pedestrians are distracted too. For example, a woman was hit by a light rail train on Race Street in San Jose.
- Railroad Condition: Railroads and light rail tracks are required to stay in working condition. If you have been involving in a train or rail accident, you should investigate the track conditions.
- Positive Train Control (PTC): PTC is a welcome form of emerging technology that can prevent train crashes. In general, PTC has the ability to stop or slow trains automatically. However, not every train operator has a PTC system in place. As a result, serious accidents, like derailment, can occur.
Can I Bring a Personal Injury or Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against Rail Carriers?
Personal injuries can be life-altering depending on the severity. When a train or rail car is involved, odds are the injuries are severe. For this reason, you should consider pursuing compensation if you were injured on a metro light rail. However, it is almost impossible to imagine something more tragic than losing a loved one to a preventable accident. After all, nothing will bring back your friends or family. However, you have a legal right to pursue compensation with a lawsuit against a train company or rail carrier. Our San Jose train accident attorneys can help you:
- Raise Awareness: You can raise awareness about transportation safety almost immediately after you pursue compensation with a lawsuit. This can become a platform for both you and other victims to voice concerns. and demand a higher duty of care to passengers.
- Improve Safety Standards: In most cases, train and rail companies are considered common carriers. Since this is the case, they have a duty to provide a level of safety. Pursuing legal action can aid in making change for a better duty of care to passengers.
- Compensate for Damages: If your claim is successful, you can use your compensation to cover damages. Damages can involve funeral expenses, loss of financial support, cost of medical care and other losses.
Train or Metro Light Rail Accident? Contact Our San Jose Train Accident Lawyer Today
Have you been involved in a light rail or train accident and have sustained injuries? Lose someone close to you because of a tragic and preventable derailment or other train accident? Unfortunately, resolving these tragedies can be time consuming and expensive. Furthermore, it can be difficult to know where to start or how to make a case against a transit entity. Whether you were riding a local rail in California or from a major transit company like Amtrak, we can help.
The Law Offices of Braid Pezzaglia knows how to build a case that highlights the facts that support your claim. For over 20 years, we have helped our clients receive multimillion-dollar settlements. Our train accident law firm’s success stems from our compassion and experience. We use reliable strategies and our knowledge of the court system that can strengthen your claim. Furthermore, our firm can review your claim at no cost with a free initial consultation. Contact our San Jose rail accident attorneys online or call our office at (408) 650-8955.