Do I Need a Lawyer After a Car Accident?
Our San Jose Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You Fight for Max Compensation
Being involved in any kind of auto accident is a traumatic experience, especially if you sustain serious injuries. Then, handling an injury claim alone often only adds to the stress and frustration you feel. You should work with a legal professional who has experience fighting for the rights of car crash victims. This will help to ensure that you get the full amount of compensation you deserve. Having a San Jose car accident lawyer on your side means that you can concentrate on what matters most: your health and your family.
Do I Have a Valid San Jose Car Accident Claim?
It can be difficult to know whether you have a valid injury claim after a car crash in San Jose. For example, you might have been a passenger in the vehicle of the at-fault driver. Alternatively, you may believe that you were partially at fault for the accident. People also often wonder whether they are entitled to anything if a hit and run driver flees the scene.
These are all reasonable questions that our car accident attorney in San Jose can help answer. As with many areas of the law, the answers depend on the specific facts and circumstances of the accident.
You may be able to recover compensation in the following circumstances:
- You were not at fault for the car accident.
- At fault driver fled the scene.
- You sustained injuries as a passenger, whether the driver was at fault.
- You were partially at fault. Under California’s comparative negligence laws, each party is responsible for the percentage of the accident that he or she caused.
- Other driver had no insurance. You may be able to use your uninsured/underinsured motorist policy.
- The road was not properly maintained. The city or department responsible for the road may be liable for your injuries.
- Defective safety equipment caused the accident. In this case, the manufacturer may be to blame under a defective products cause of action.
- Faulty airbags made the injuries you sustained worse. The manufacturer may be liable for the damages that result from defective airbags.
California is a comparative fault state. This means you may recover compensation even if you were partially at fault. In these cases, the amount you receive will be reduced by the percentage of fault attributed to you. However, you can rely on our car accident lawyer in San Jose to ensure that liability is assigned correctly so you receive the just compensation.
What Damages Can Victims of Car Crashes Recover?
Car accident injuries may range from minor to catastrophic injuries. Therefore, the damages available in a car crash claim vary considerably. Depending on the circumstances, car accident victims may be able to recover:
- Past and future medical costs. Your need for medical care will vary depending on the severity of your injuries. You may only need to see a doctor on one or two occasions, or you might need lifelong medical attention. These costs are recoverable if you and your attorney can show that the injuries were the direct result of the negligent actions of the at-fault driver.
- Pain and suffering. The amount of pain you experience cannot truly be assessed with a money value. However, the law cannot take the pain away or remedy it in any other way. Therefore, you may be able to claim monetary damages to compensate you for the pain and suffering you endure.
- Lost income. Victims often miss work due to car accident injuries. This can impose a severe economic strain. Therefore, you may be able to recover this income.
- Lost earning capacity. The law allows you to recover if your injuries limit what job functions you can do now and in the future. These damages are difficult to calculate, however, so having an experienced auto accident attorney on your side is critical.
- Property damage. The law allows you to recover damages for your property. The amount will either be the cost to repair or replace the property.
Every car accident is different, so it is difficult to estimate what damages you may be able to recover after a crash. Our San Jose car accident attorney can review the circumstances of your accident. Then, he may be able to give you an idea what damages you can claim.
Why Do I Need a San Jose Car Accident Lawyer?
There are many reasons as to why you may need a car accident lawyer in San Jose, CA. All motorists owe a duty of care to other motorists, pedestrians, bicyclists, and any other person or property in proximity of the driver. This means that all drivers must act in a way that does not endanger others. A driver is liable for the damages they cause when they act negligently.
If you are looking for the best car accident lawyer in San Jose, then you need someone who has the ability to handle the legal process while you are rehabilitating your injuries. While you recover, your attorney can:
- Request your accident report
- Fully investigate your accident
- Properly document your injuries
- Assess your property damage
These steps are essential to establishing your right to a full and fair settlement. Our San Jose car accident attorney can shoulder the legal burden of an injury claim while you focus on your recovery.
After a car crash, you want a dedicated personal injury lawyer to guide you through the claims process to bring your case to the most favorable outcome possible. You only have a certain amount of time to file a car accident claim, so it is important to act quickly. As an experienced litigator serving the entire Santa Clara County area, attorney Braid Pezzaglia can represent you in negotiations and/or the courtroom, if a trial is unavoidable.
Injured in a Car Accident in San Jose, Santa Clara County or the Bay Area? Contact Our San Jose Auto Accident Lawyer
Law Offices of Braid Pezzaglia fights for injury victims and has a long history of holding people accountable in court. Whether you were involved in a fender-bender or a catastrophic highway accident, our auto accident attorney in San Jose may be able to assist with your claim. Investigating, negotiating, and litigating is our job and we do it well.