Do I Need a Lawyer After a Car Accident?
Our San Jose Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You Fight for Max Compensation
Involvement in any kind of car crash is a traumatic experience, especially if you sustain serious injuries. Then, handling an injury claim alone often only adds to the stress and frustration you feel. To ensure that you get the full amount of compensation you deserve, you should work with a legal professional who has experience fighting for the rights of car crash victims. Having a San Jose car accident lawyer on your side means that you can concentrate on what matters most: your health and your family.
If you are looking for the best car accident lawyer in San Jose, then you need someone who has the ability to handle the legal process while you are rehabilitating your injuries. While you recover, your attorney can fully investigate your accident, properly document your injuries and assess your property damage. These steps are essential to establishing your right to a full and fair settlement.
At the Law Offices of Braid Pezzaglia, our San Jose auto accident lawyer can shoulder the legal burden of an injury claim while you focus on your recovery. As your dedicated personal injury lawyer, attorney Braid Pezzaglia will guide you through the claims process to bring your case to the most favorable outcome possible. As an experienced litigator serving the entire Santa Clara area, he can represent you in negotiations and/or the courtroom, if a trial is unavoidable.
Do I Have a Valid Car Accident Claim?
It can sometimes be difficult to know whether you have a valid injury claim after a car crash. For example, you might have been a passenger in the vehicle of the at-fault driver. Alternatively, you may believe that you were partially at fault for the accident. People also often wonder whether they are entitled to anything if a hit and run driver flees the scene. These are all reasonable questions that our attorneys can answer. As with many areas of the law, the answers depend on the specific facts and circumstances of the accident.
You may be able to recover compensation in the following circumstances:
- You were not at fault for the car accident.
- At fault driver fled the scene.
- You sustained injuries as a passenger, whether or not the driver was at fault.
- You were partially at fault. According to California’s negligence laws, each party is responsible for the percentage of the accident that he or she caused.
- Other driver had no insurance; you may be able to use your uninsured/underinsured motorist policy.
- The road was not properly maintained; the city or department responsible for the road may be liable for your injuries.
- Defective safety equipment caused the accident. In this case, the manufacturer may be to blame under a defective products cause of action.
- Faulty airbags made the injuries you sustained worse; the manufacturer may be liable for the damages that result from defective airbags.
California is a comparative fault state which means you may recover compensation even if you were partially at fault. In these situations, the amount you receive will be reduced by the percentage of fault that is attributed to you. However, you can rely on our auto accident lawyers to ensure that liability is assigned correctly so you receive the just compensation.
What Damages Can Victims of Car Crashes Recover?
Car accident injuries may range from minor to catastrophic. Therefore, the damages available in a car crash claim vary considerably. Depending on the circumstances, car accident victims may be able to recover:
- Past and future medical costs. Your need for medical care will vary depending on the severity of your injuries. You may only need to see a doctor on one or two occasions, or you might require lifelong medical attention. These costs are recoverable if you and your attorney can show that the injuries were the direct result of the negligent actions of the at-fault driver.
- Pain and suffering. The amount of pain you experience cannot truly be assessed with a money value. However, the law cannot take the pain away or remedy it in any other way. Therefore, you may be able to claim monetary damages to compensate you for the pain and suffering you endure.
- Lost income. Victims often miss work due to car accident injuries, which can impose a severe economic strain. Therefore, you may be able to recover this income.
- Lost earning capacity. The law allows you to recover if your injuries limit what job functions you can do now and in the future. These damages are difficult to calculate, however, so having an experienced auto accident attorney on your side is critical.
- Property damage. The law allows you to recover damages for your property. The amount will either be the cost to repair or replace the property.
Every car accident is different, so it is difficult to estimate what damages you may be able to recover after a crash. However, our experienced San Jose car accident lawyers can review the circumstances of your accident and may be able to give you an idea what damages you may claim.
Injured in a Car Accident? Contact Our San Jose Auto Accident Lawyer
All motorists owe a duty of care to other motorists, pedestrians, bicyclists, and any other person or property in proximity of the driver. This means that all drivers must act in a way that does not endanger others. A driver is liable for the damages they cause when they act negligently. When looking for the best car accident attorney in San Jose, you want someone who has experience receiving favorable verdicts and holding the responsible party accountable for his or her actions. The Law Offices of Braid Pezzaglia fights for injury victims and has a long history of holding people accountable in court.
Regardless if you were involved in a relatively minor fender-bender or a catastrophic highway accident, a San Jose auto accident lawyer from our firm can assist with your claim. Investigating, negotiating, and litigating is our job and we do it well. Let us battle the insurance company for you while you recover. Call our office at (408) 752-5834 or contact us online to speak with a knowledgeable and experienced car crash lawyer today.