Public Entity Involved in Car Accident, Unlawful Arrest or Premises Liability?
San Jose Public Entity Liability Attorney Can Strengthen Claims
Public entities are designed to provide a strong foundation for communities and citizens. Unfortunately, sometimes that trust is violated. Hard working people find themselves in car accidents because of poorly maintained public roads. In some cases, injured patients sometimes leave a public health hospital in worse shape than when they came in; in other cases, children are sometimes injured because of deteriorating playground equipment. Worse, if you have suffered because of a public entity, the process for bringing a claim can be complicated. After all, liability law covers everything from working in dangerous conditions, contract disputes, tax issues to personal injury and property damage. If you are involved with a municipal liability lawsuit, contact our San Jose public entity liability attorney today.
For over 20 years, the Law Offices of Braid Pezzaglia have helped people recover from losses due to public entities. Our California civil rights attorneys believe that no one should suffer from the organizations made to sustain citizens endeavors. We know how difficult it can be to bring a claim against a government entity. From start to finish, our legal team can guide you through the process and highlight the facts that support your claim.
What Is Public Entity Liability?
If you have an accident that involves a government vehicle or is caused by a defective street light, this would involve public entity liability. As a rule, public entity liability involves claims against government organizations or individuals. Public entity liability law is complicated and overlaps with many other legal disciplines. For this reason, it is highly recommended that you contact a qualified San Jose public entity liability attorney. An experienced professional can help you with claims involving, but not limited to:
- Premises Liability. These claims can involve any injury sustained outside of your home. A public entity can be liable if they had knowledge of, caused or should have known about a dangerous condition. Premises liability claims often involve a slip and fall or children who were hurt on deteriorating playground equipment. For instance, if you were injured in a public pool due to unsafe conditions, you may have grounds to file a premises liability claim.
- Law Enforcement Liability. Unfortunately, not every police officer is an example of good practice and unparalleled equality. For example, law enforcement officials must have a reasonable suspicion to detain or question you. In some cases, these poor practices lead to a wrongful arrest, police brutality, false arrest and/or illegal search and seizure.
- Medical Malpractice Liability. Public health systems exist so people can leave their provider in a better condition than when they entered. However, sometimes there are blood transfusion errors, hospital-acquired infections and other medical negligence issues that can result in medical malpractice. If you believe you are the victim of medical negligence from a public health system, then it is in your best interest to contact an attorney.
- Public Transportation Liability. Public transportation in San Jose, California is primarily provided by the Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) and Caltrain. Operations involve a light-rail service and train services. This form of liability can also involve a government vehicle accident and/or poorly maintained roads.
Why Do I Need a San Jose Public Entity Liability Attorney?
It should be no surprise that bringing a claim against municipal entities or the government involves many technicalities. In fact, public entities enjoy many broad protections that can seem confusing and arbitrary. If you have been injured, it is important that you speak with a San Jose public entity lawyer immediately. Legal professionals can help you navigate local, state and federal laws to protect your best interests. Other beneficial reasons you should contact an attorney involve, but are not limited to:
- Determining Liable Party: Because of the complexities with California public entity liability law, it can be difficult to accurately determine liable parties. A reliable San Jose public entity liability attorney can scrutinize the details to help determine what parties contributed in order to hold the right people liable.
- Fulfilling Procedural Requirements: Many requirements must be met in order for your claim to be valid. For example, there are deadlines to file a notice of claim. Missing this deadline can result in a revocation of your rights to file a municipal liability lawsuit.
Municipal Liability Lawsuit? Our San Jose Civil Rights Attorney Offers Free Consultation
Has your child been injured on playground equipment? Did you or your loved one leave a hospital in worse shape than when you came in? Have your constitutional or civil rights been violated by law enforcement? Regrettably, you can expect public entities to fight against your claim. In addition, they will use many tools from their vast pool of resources. Therefore, you need a reliable and experienced attorney who can mitigate risk and protect your rights.
The Law Offices of Braid Pezzaglia understands how hard it can be to devote your resources to a claim against a public entity. For this reason, our firm offers free consultations. There is no risk for you to call and have us review your situation. Our civil rights lawyers success stems from our hard work and experience in the California court system. Contact us online or call our firm at 408-752-5834.