Injured in a Bus Accident?
San Jose Bus Accident Attorney Offers Free ConsultationsUnfortunately, over 300 people die every year in bus accidents, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Sometimes, these accidents happen due to the negligence of another party. A bus operator failing to control their vehicle, which is a common contributing factor in bus accidents, can have many different root causes. For example, lack of training, fatigued driving or poor driver habits can cause a serious accident. Additionally, it can be easy to unknowingly miss out on details that can help your bus accident injury claim. For this reason, you should contact our San Jose bus accident attorney after such a crash. The Law Offices of Braid Pezzaglia knows what it takes to protect bus accident victims. For decades, our San Jose bus accident attorney has the experience necessary to help you file a strong claim. We can use a team of professionals to investigate every detail of your accident. Our Attorney Braid Pezzaglia has represented people across industries in a variety of claims. If you have had a bus accident on I-880, I-280, I-101 or anywhere in between, call our California personal injury firm.
What Are Common Bus Accident Injuries?Unfortunately, you are in the minority when you are hit in or by a bus. For instance, the odds are high that the bust that hits you is larger than your automobile. Alternatively, if you are a passenger, the odds are that you do not have airbags or seatbelts. For this reason, California bus accident injuries can be severe and involve hospitalization, rehabilitation and/or surgery. Furthermore, you can easily find it difficult to return to work and lose out on wages and benefits. Overall, the emotional and economic consequences can be life-altering. After getting medical treatment, if you discover you have injuries, contact a San Jose bus accident attorney. Some common personal injuries in bus accidents are:
- Whiplash: The sudden stopping of a bus can result in a neck injury for passengers. Commonly known as whiplash, these neck injuries can be serious. Side effects involve shoulder pain, muscle spasms, headaches and loss of range of motion. Unfortunately, the longer you wait to treat whiplash, the worse the symptoms can become.
- Spinal Cord Injury: Any impact to your head or back could result in a spinal cord injury. For instance, you can have an injured spine if you are thrown around inside a bus. Spinal cord injury symptoms can take weeks or months to manifest.
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI): Some buses do not have air bags or seat belts. Thus, it is significantly easier to have a serious head injury. Side effects of TBI include nausea, tingling sensations, blurred vision and mood swings. If you experienced a sudden blunt impact due to a bus, contact our firm.
When Do I Need a Bus Accident Attorney?If you are trying to determine who is at fault in your California bus accident, contact a San Jose bus accident law firm. A San Jose lawyer can help you determine what parties may have contributed to your injuries. For example, if an accident is caused in part by a bus driver, their company can also be liable. Our San Jose bus accident attorney can investigate the details of your accident to determine potentially liable parties. Some issues our California bus accident attorney may investigate can involve:
- Speed: The most common form of bus driver negligence is speeding. However, even driving the posted speed limit can be negligent during conditions like rain, snow and/or sleet.
- Cargo: Loading and unloading rigs is an everyday part of commercial vehicle traffic. If cargo is insecure, that party can be held liable.
- Negligence: Bus drivers and operators are expected to act responsibly. This includes slowing down if there is a reasonable likelihood of a collision. Other forms of negligence can involve failing to look for vehicles, aggressive driving and swerving between lanes.